10 Reasons why participating in Halloween while in college is acceptable

1.Dressing up! Enjoy dressing like a crazy person in your prime years of craziness. Making a funny, unique and outlandish costume and celebrating  trick or treating with your friends is something that never goes out of style.

2.The candy and treats, obviously. There is nothing like sitting in the middle of your bed binge watching Netflix and eating extremely sugary candies that only come out during the Halloween season like caramel apple pops, or popcorn balls or the ever so popular Reese’s pumpkins.

3.Being spooky and getting spooked! There are always haunted houses, corn mazes, fields, ghost tours, crime scenes or haunted hayrides that can make for a very fun and frightful night. Scaring your friends can be fun, too. 

4.The Halloween movies are awesome. Okay, there is no way you cannot enjoy a marathon of classic Halloween movies. “Hocus Pocus,” the “Halloweentown” movies or the “Halloween” movies are just a few options. Friday the 13th, Carrie or pretty much anything with an exorcism in it can put you in the ghostly spirit.  

5.Decorating, because who does not love some of those cotton spider webs and giant pumpkins on their front porch? Throw in some spooky lights and a cauldron or two and you are set for the 31st! 

6.Hosting a Halloween Party. Bobbing for apples, spin the bottle, truth or dare… Basically whatever middle school games you used to play are sure to make people laugh. A traditional and fun party that you would have enjoyed when you were a child is the ticket to a great evening in college. 

7.Apples and pumpkins everywhere! There are so many delectable goodies to be made from these two. Apple pie, apple crumble, caramel or candied apples, apple cider, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies and, of course, pumpkin spice lattes.

8.The Pumpkin Patch! There is only a limited time for you to do your pumpkin picking, so grab a few friends go to the nearest farm and pretend you are Charlie Brown.

9.The little ones. Staying in on Halloween night and giving out candy to sweet little witches, superheroes, Disney princesses and dinosaurs is a rewarding night in itself. You can enjoy all of their tiny and adorable little costumes and smiling faces from the comfort of your own home!

10.Pumpkin carving. Whether it is with the family or with your closest friends, sitting out on the porch with a fire going and a little music while carving pumpkins is lighthearted and fun- and an inexpensive way to celebrate Halloween. It is a festive project that is fun for any age!