Prescott leads MSU on field in practice

The Mississippi State University Bulldogs look to continue their success on the gridiron as spring practice continues this weekend.
Senior quarterback Dak Prescott has been improving on and off the field since last year. Prescott was a Heisman favorite most of the season last year and carried the Bulldogs to their fifth consecutive bowl game.
“I’m just trying to make sure I lead the guys on and off the field and teach them every aspect of the game that I know,” Prescott said.
The team looks up to Prescott, and he has noticed the new players trying to make a name for themselves in practice.
“It’s been a great spring with young guys stepping up all over the field,” Prescott said.
De’Runnya Wilson was the team-leading receiver last year. He had a total of nine touchdowns on top of 680 receiving yards, and Wilson became one of Prescott’s favorite targets over the year. He is recovering from offseason surgery and the team plans to have him back soon.
“Our offense looks good even without Bear [Wilson].We have guys stepping up like Fred Ross and Fred Brown, and even some of our younger guys,” Prescott said.
The Bulldogs lost a lot of talent on the defensive and offensive side of the ball. Recruiting was key this offseason, as Head Coach Dan Mullen managed to bring in top talent once again this year for the Bulldogs.
“Guys are having to lead,” said Mullen. “By Kendrick Market not being out there, it’s forcing people into some mental strain, not just in learning the system but in making all of the calls and checks.”
The Bulldogs spent the weekend practice going over everything the team had done in the spring. MSU will begin to implement new plays and schemes as the team begins its round of intra-squad scrimmages this week.
“Today was really a review of the first four days and you saw some separation with the older and younger guys. The attitude, the scheme, everyone is doing a good job with it all,” Mullen said.
MSU will have its first scrimmage of the spring this Friday at 9:45 a.m.