MSU track and field sets records at Bob Pollock Invite to kick off 2023 season

Courtesy | MSU Athletics

Redshirt freshman Rosealee Cooper, who is from Barbican, St. Andrew, Jamaica, placed 11th in day two of the women’s 200 meter dash.

Mississippi State University track and field set records at Clemson University this weekend as they competed in the Bob Pollock Invitational.
The Pollock Invite was a two-day event, and the Bulldogs started off strong on Friday with five first-place finishes and seven personal best marks.
Rosealee Cooper won the women’s 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8:07. On the men’s side, Peyton Bair took first in three out of the four events on day one of the heptathlon, which consisted of a 60-meter dash, high jump and shot put.
MSU recorded many personal bests at the Bob Pollock Invite. Navasky Anderson completed the men’s mile with a time of 4:05.36. Jordan Barrow also achieved a new personal record in the men’s long jump with 6.9m (22-07.75). 
Saturday, MSU started day two where they left off, as Bair broke the school record in the men’s heptathlon with 5,529 points. The record has not been broken since the 2017 indoor season when Jaquarius Wilson finished with 5,160 points. Bair’s new record put him sixth best in the nation in the seven-event athletic contest.
Along with Bair’s new record, Jhordyn Stallworth broke the Mississippi State’s indoor school record in the shot put with a throw of 15.36 meters (50-04.75). Stallworth took sixth place overall with her new record.
The Bulldogs closed out the invitational on the track with the men’s 4×400 meter relay. MSU took a second-place finish with the third-fastest indoor time in the school’s history (3:05.97). Lee Eppie, Anthony Brodie, Sema’J Daniels and Gabriel Moronta are ranked eighth in the nation in the men’s 4×400 meters relay for their times.
Overall, Mississippi State had 15 top-five finishes and set many individual personal records. 
Mississippi State heads to Nashville Feb. 10 to compete in the Music City Challenge.

Parker Acosta
Parker Acosta, Staff Writer
Parker Acosta is a sophomore communication major. Parker is currently a staff writer for The Reflector.