From State to Sundays: Bulldogs make their marks in week seven

Jahari Bell | The Reflector

Bulldog alumni continue to make their marks in the NFL.
Dak Prescott, QB: Dallas Cowboys
Dak Prescott played his first game this week since injuring his hand in week one. He led Dallas to a 24-6 victory over the Lions. Prescott posted 207 yards and a passing touchdown with a passer rating of 113.2.
Martin Emerson Jr., CB: Cleveland Browns
Martin Emerson Jr. recorded four tackles in the Browns’ 23-20 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. One of those tackles was for a loss, and he also logged a quarterback hit.
Montez Sweat, DE: Washington Commanders
Montez Sweat had a fairly quiet game in the Commanders’ 23-21 upset win over the Packers. Sweat recorded three tackles during the game.
Charles Cross, OT: Seattle Seahawks
Charles Cross has been a rock for Seattle recently. Cross has not allowed a pressure in 147 pass blocking snaps since week four and held his own against All-Pro and former Defensive Player of the Year Khalil Mack this week.
Denico Autry (OLB) and Jeffery Simmons (DT): Tennessee Titans
Denico Autry and Jeffrey Simmons were a big part of the Titans’ 19-10 win over the Indianapolis Colts. Simmons had a sack, six tackles, two tackles for a loss and two quarterback hits.
Autry continued his strong season in week seven. He had a sack, three tackles, a tackle for a loss and a quarterback hit.
Logan Cooke, P: Jacksonville Jaguars
Logan Cooke only punted twice in the Jaguars’ loss to the Giants. He averaged 53 yards on those two punts. His longest of the two was 57 yards.
Preston Smith (OLB) and Elgton Jenkins (OG): Green Bay Packers
Preston Smith had four tackles, a tackle for a loss and a QB hit in the Packers’ 23-21 loss against the Commanders. Despite the loss, Smith was bringing constant pressure on Commanders’ quarterback Taylor Heinicke.
Elgton Jenkins displayed his versatility on Sunday. He made his first start of the year at left guard after playing left tackle in his previous starts. The Packers allowed zero sacks on the day.
Johnathan Abram, SS: Las Vegas Raiders
Johnathan Abram had eight tackles in the Raiders’ 38-20 win over the Houston Texans.
Chris Jones (DT) and Willie Gay Jr. (LB): Kansas City Chiefs
Chris Jones had a huge game on Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers. He had two sacks, a tackle for a loss and a quarterback hit. The Chiefs won the game 44-23.
Willie Gay Jr. made his return on Sunday and immediately made an impact. He had eight tackles, half a sack and a quarterback hit in his return.