Easy Street Brunch food truck rolls into Starkville

Santosh Kumar TK | The Reflector

L to R: Corey Patton, Madalyn Patton and Doug Marcinkowska, co-owners of Easy Street.

Easy Street Brunch Co. celebrated their grand opening in Starkville on Friday, Feb. 25. They have been working toward this point for almost six years. Once they had renovated the food truck, affectionately named Fiona, they were able to open up and get to work. Despite the cold, they had a good crowd show up to support the small business, and they deemed the day a success.
During their first week of business, they could be found on Hospital Road, Main Street across from Regions Bank and in the Cotton District. They also traveled to Kosciusko for a food truck festival.
There are three co-owners in this business. The chefs are Doug Marcinkowska and Corey Patton. Patton’s wife, Madalyn Patton, is the photographer and social media coordinator.
Marcinkowska hails from Olive Branch, MS, and has been working in kitchens since he was 14 years old. His resume boasts the top restaurants in Starkville such as Restaurant Tyler, Bin 612, City Bagel Cafe and Commodore Bob’s Yacht Club.
Corey Patton, originally from Colorado, also worked at many of the best establishments in Starkville. He was head chef at Nine Twenty-nine Coffee Bar, the recently closed Veranda and at Commodore Bob’s with Marcinkowska.
Madalyn Patton leads a busy life. Besides working in the food truck, she also takes care of their two kids and owns her own photography company, Radmad Photography. She uses this skill to take pictures of the food and customers, which are used on the Instagram account.
Due to COVID-19, they saw an opportunity in the food industry. They took the chance to make the restaurant a reality.
“When Covid hit, we just see a trend shifting from the sitting restaurants to more street fare. I think that was kind of the driving factor for us,” Corey Patton said.
“Yeah, I just feel like, you know, we have plenty of taco trucks and taco restaurants. You know, you got your fine dining, your Restaurant Tyler, Taste. I guess it just seemed like something Starkville was missing, you know? Street-side breakfast, pick it up going to work or school, and it just felt right,” Corey Patton said.
“We’re definitely going to be cycling through menus. For one, it’s going to take a while to figure out what works and what doesn’t, but we do want to keep it fresh and exciting for everyone, you know, wondering what’s new coming up,” Marcinkowska said. “We’re going to be doing specials all the time once we get used to the flow of things. We’ll do a little something different every day.”
The chefs recommend the steak and eggs burrito and the Brunch Burger, which comes topped with bacon jam, Captain Crunch cereal and a fried egg. Marcinkowska says that even though it sounds weird, all the flavors work together.
Other items currently on the menu include Street Cakes, a Benedict Sandwich, a Brunch Bowl (bacon or sausage, hash, an egg, and cheddar cheese) and another original, the Traditional Twisted Burger.
Andrew Atkinson, a grad student studying computer science, went to brunch at the food truck.
“I got the Twisted Traditional Burger. It’s a burger with a bunch of different kinds of greens on it and different vegetables. I’ve never tried it before, but the menu looks good, so I’ll probably come back to try the other stuff,” Atkinson said.
The food truck is open Tuesday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. for breakfast and Tuesday through Sunday 11 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. for brunch. They park at various locations throughout the week. The exact schedule can be found on their Instagram page, @easystreetbrunchco.
They recommend that everyone stop by to give them a try and check out their Instagram for locations and specials.