“Beefs” opens new location in Starkville, offers sports bar atmosphere

Beef+OBradys
David Lewis
Beef O’Brady’s

Starkville residents can now put “beef” on their list of places to eat out as Starkville’s own Beef O’Brady’s opened in Jan. 2014.
Beef O’Brady’s, a family-oriented sports bar, got its start in Brandon, Fla. Company co-founder, Jim Mellody had the idea to create a family-friendly restaurant with an Irish pub theme. 
The Beef O’Brady’s chain has grown over the last couple of years. Lamar Ware, operations manager of the Starkville Beef O’Brady’s, said Beef O’Brady’s is a great addition to the Starkville area.
“We decided that Beef O’Brady’s’ good food, good sports concept was great for this town,” Ware said. “This was something that was needed for the community.”
Beef O’Brady’s offers a variety of food on its menu including burgers, wings, ribs, steak bowls and more. Ware also said Beef O’Brady’s has different settings to attract people of all ages.
“We have four phases. We have a sports bar setting, private dining setting, kids and family atmosphere as well as a patio area. We decided this layout would cover the full demographic, from kids to the elderly,” Ware said.
Luke Davis, manager of the Starkville Beef O’Brady’s, said Beef O’Brady’s stands out from other sports bars in Starkville because it is customer service and detail-oriented.
“Honestly, the difference is the attention to detail,” said Davis, who previously trained Beef O’Brady employees before coming to Starkville. “That’s one thing I always preach when I train people. We spend equal amount of time on each item. It has to look like it does on the Facebook page or on the menu. We are constantly on top of any customer service issue to keep issues to a minimal. Our service and food needs to be top notch.” 
Victoria Weber, freshman education major, said she and her boyfriend recently went to Beef O’Brady’s to try take out. She said they enjoyed having more choices around town.
“I think it’s great that it’s here,” Weber said. “It gives people more variety for cheaper prices, and the food was awesome.”