ZZ Top member endures injury, concert postponed

Earlier last month ZZ Top bassist, Dusty Hill, sustained a hip injury on his tour bus. Although he is up and walking now, his doctor advised he take some time off and work toward a full recovery. ZZ Top was then touring with Jeff Beck, who went on to perform several shows without ZZ Top. Shows that were currently on the calendar will be refunded. Other shows will be rescheduled to the spring, including the Music Maker Production show at Mississippi State University.
According to ZZ Top’s official website, the management team of ZZ Top is working to reschedule and book more dates for the spring. 
“We’re looking forward to getting out there and rockin’ it with Dusty in a big way,” stated band members Billy F Gibbons and Frank Beard  said on the website. The website also states, “Ticket holders for tour dates this fall run should hold on to their tickets until the updated schedule is posted.”
The Music Maker Productions concert with ZZ Top originally scheduled for Oct. 30 will now be held on April 10. Ticket holders are encouraged to hold on to their tickets since all tickets purchased will be honored. If tickets become lost or displaced before the April concert date, students can request a duplicate copy of the ticket in the Center for Student Activities.
 According to The New York Times, the injury happened in August but the band did not expect to have to cancel shows, which resulted in a September announcement of the cancellations. 
The band was touring with guitar legend Jeff Beck. “We are looking forward to getting back out there with ZZ Top and are grateful that Dusty is on his way to a complete recovery,” Jeff stated. The two forces will reunite in the spring for a show in Thackerville, Oklahoma and continue throughout Florida, Georgia, and Texas.
Thomas Fitzner, senior international business and French double major, currently serves as the Student Director for MMP. Fitzner expressed he was luckily able to reschedule the April 10 date without a hitch. According to Fitzner, tickets are still on sale, and he said he encourages students to buy them. 
“The show is still happening. Tickets are still on sale online and in our office,” he said. 
To add to that, he said, “Everybody from my high school friends to my grandmother’s hairstylist has asked about the show. Literally.”
 Fitzner said MMP has been looking for a classic rock show since 2011. It was under Fitzner’s direction that MMP finally scored an artist like ZZ Top. 
“When given the chance to bring ZZ, we knew it would be perfect and jumped at the opportunity,” Fitzner said. 
They have received an overwhelmingly warm response to the show, and they continue to look for new shows to bring to Mississippi State. So far, no show has been booked to replace the Oct. 30 show, but students can follow @music_maker on Twitter for updates.
 In addition to Twitter, MMP now has a digital survey set up in the Colvard Student Union in front of the P.O.D. store, which is a new idea the organization is trying this semester.
Fitzner said feedback from the MSU student body is very important.
 “We love hearing who students would like to see on campus,” he said.
 Students and members of the community can continue to buy tickets in  Colvard Student Union Suite 314.