Taylor Swift makes fun of her infamous love life in latest video

In Taylor Swift’s most recent video release for her song “Blank Space,” which is fresh off of her new album, “1989,” she shows her fans a new side of her: a crazy side. 

In the video, she is rather convincing, and it is fascinating to watch her with make-up running down her face while she fights with her boyfriend. Swift seems to be addressing her reputation for singing songs about her past relationships through the lyrics of this new hit; she sings: “Got a long list of ex-lovers/ They’ll tell you I’m insane/ But I’ve got a blank space, baby, and I’ll write your name.” 

Reputation aside, it is the fact she sings many songs about broken relationships that so many of her fans feel they can relate to her. In the beginning of this video, Swift is lounging in bed wearing sexy black lingerie while holding her white cat, Olivia Benson. 

Then, the man of her dreams arrives at her doorstep. Swift and her handsome beau fall in love. They are seen having romantic dates and spending time in this beautiful mansion, but then suddenly something changes; next   we see Taylor Swift angrily tearing up her guy’s clothes and his nice sports car. 

According to acclaimed music video director, Joseph Kahn, the video was meant to offer a “deconstructivist version of Taylor Swift.” 

It appears the video accomplished this and more; as Swift wields a knife, axe and golf club in this charade, she still manages to look fabulous, and her style is completely her own.

Perhaps this article should be titled: “On dealing with haters” since the young star is bravely sending a message to the public that this is who she is– take it or leave it.  

In a recent interview with “People Magazine,” Swift stated, “People are going to talk about you, but maybe you’re having more fun than them anyway.” 

Well, it is clear Swift is definitely having fun, and she should be, especially after learning her album is the first album of 2014 to sell 1 million copies in its first week. 

Lindsey Batia, junior elementary education major, said Swift makes a statement with her video and is simply shaking off her “haters.”

“I think Taylor is definitely showing a new side of her, and she is showing the media that if they want a crazy or insane ex-girlfriend, that’s what they’re in for,” she said.

With her most recent hit, “Shake it Off,” and now with “Blank Space” climbing the charts, Taylor Swift will finish 2014 with a bang, and I can only imagine what 2015 and the years to come have in store for Taylor Swift fans.