Comedian Emmanuel Hudson to perform on campus during homecoming week

The Mississippi State University 2014 homecoming week officially started Sunday and concludes Saturday. The week offers many activities, including a comedy show featuring YouTube sensation and Wild ’N Out performer Emmanuel Hudson.
Peers Assisting with Students, the Black Student Association and the Student Association collaborated to present the Homecoming Comedy Show. The show will begin tomorrow at 7 p.m. in the Bettersworth Auditorium of Lee Hall. Although a ticket is required, they are free and can be picked up at the Holmes Cultural Diversity Center office or at the door. 
Jayln Johnson, treasurer of BSA, said events like these are important because laughter has such a unifying effect on people.
“Laughter brings such happiness and joy. Comedy shows make you forget about the bad things in your life. Midterms are finally over, and now it’s time to sit back and relax. This is the first time that we have collaborated with SA, and I expect they will bring a lot of diversity to the event,” Johnson said. “Everyone is in for a really fun time, and we expect a good turn out.”
Last year’s comedy show featured stand-up comedian Finesse Mitchell. This year will be the second annual comedy show.
Jemario Gordon, president of BSA, said Emmanuel Hudson is perfect for the comedy show because he can connect to the audience.
“It’s just a scientific fact that laughter has a strong effect on people. For me, it is all about delivery. You can present anything to Emmanuel, and he will make it funny,” Gordon said. “The biggest thing about him is that he is actually from Mississippi. A lot of our generation can connect to him. Laughter keeps me sane, and I bet it’s like that for many people.”
Fredrick Wilson, SA co-director of homecoming, said the show will enhance the overall homecoming experience.
“When we were deciding on a performer, we were just throwing names around. We started with Kevin Hart, but financially that just wasn’t possible. When we finally said Emmanuel Hudson, it just stuck in our minds,” Wilson said.
“It is beyond time for Mississippi State homecoming to be boosted. Emmanuel Hudson is not just a punch-line comedian, but a real multifaceted performer,” he said. “The audience will really appreciate him. Bringing in this level of entertainment will put us where we should be.”