Reveille hosts final day of sales, looks to sell more yearbooks

Mississippi State University’s official yearbook, The Reveille, is winding down its sales, as Friday is the last day to make a purchase.
A specific number of sales are required in order to keep the infamous yearbook published, according to Elizabeth Lucas, editor-in-chief of the Reveille. 
“Friday is the last day to buy a Reveille. If we don’t reach a specific number of sales, this will be the last year there will ever be a Reveille,” Lucas said.  “It’s important that people buy one in order to keep the tradition going. “
Lucas said The University of Mississippi has a yearbook that is nationally ranked.
“That’s one thing Ole Miss has against MSU, is their yearbook,” Lucas said. “Students will see how important this is in years when they are able to show their children all the things they participated in during school. Not buying a yearbook could be your biggest regret in life.”
According to Lucas, sales are currently really low, and purchasing a yearbook will continue the great tradition.  
Elizabeth Mccullen, layout editor of The Reveille, said a big chunk of MSU’s history lies within the pages of the yearbook.
“I feel it’s super important to buy a Reveille because it’s a big part of MSU history,” Mccullen said. “The more people who help us the more people who will help continue our tradition.  Through the years, The Reveille will tell the story of each student’s experience at MSU, and it will allow students to look back at their college years.”
While The Reveille desires a higher number of student purchases, Bailey Martin, freshman marketing major, said she feels the price of The Reveille is reasonable, and she is considering making a purchase.
“I love yearbooks, and I know I will love to look back on them and show my kids,” Martin said. “My mom kept all of her yearbooks, and it’s cool to see her younger years. I want to be able to look back and see how much I’ve changed, the friends I had and even sorority years.”
Martin said her high school yearbooks held a price of $70, a price that now appears unreasonable compared to the $50 cost of a Reveille.
“I will definitely consider purchasing one of these,” Martin said.
Sarah Hardin, sophomore human sciences major, said she cannot afford a yearbook this year, but understands the importance of the memories.
“I’m trying to watch my money, so I’m not spending money on a Reveille this year,” Hardin said. “I think it’s a good idea to document our years here at State, I just can’t afford one right now.”
Hardin said she would like to see the continuation of the Reveille, but is confused as to how photos of students become a part of the yearbook.
“I don’t know how the process works of them getting our photos in the yearbook,” Hardin said. “I’m not sure if they will use our student ID pictures or if my photo will be in the yearbook at all. I do think the whole thing is cool though.”