U.S. gas prices rise, travel costs considered high

According to a Huffington Post report, gas prices in the U.S. may fluctuate in the coming weeks. 
The American Automobile Association in a statement last week said Canadian oil producers may get a better price for crude oil in the overseas markets because of the glut of oil in the North American market. That in turn could reshape the U.S. price market for retail gasoline.
The fuel gauge report by AAA released April 21 said the national average price at the pump is $3.67 per gallon. This is three cents more than last week, and 15 cents more than both one month ago and the same date last year.
Ceci Land, Starkville resident and owner of a Nissan Sentra said earlier $3 was a big sticking point for people. 
“People were just shocked that we hit over $3, now we have been over long enough that people seem to have accepted it and it’s kinda strange to me that these prices rose and people don’t seem to be bothered of it being over $3,” Land said.
Mississippi State University student Justin Martin said he thinks gas prices should be lower in Mississippi considering the state’s living costs.
“One of the main things is it should be lower, especially in Mississippi with the low cost of living, but it seems to go up and down for no reason. The main reason I feel the gas prices are going up and down is mainly because there is no standard in the industry,” Martin said. 
The AAA press release also said global crude oil prices remain elevated as Russian and Western powers attempt to broker a deal over the situation in Ukraine.
Daniel Graeber, senior journalist at oilprice.com in a report on March 27 said the U.S. East Coast and West Coast markets typically have gasoline prices higher than the national average. California had the highest state average for the Lower 48 with $3.97 for a gallon of regular unleaded. New York led the East Coast market with $3.76 per gallon.