Big 12 provides cinderellas

While the Big Ten and ACC have the familiar power house squads returning to the big dance, I cannot help but land on the Big 12 Conference to make a strong run to the Sweet 16.
Starting with the highest seed, Kansas drew a No. 2 seed in the South Region. The Jayhawks should cruise in their opening-round match against Eastern Kentucky and are poised to reach the Sweet 16 with a favorable draw in the second round. 
Iowa State drew the No. 3 seed in the East Region and has a more difficult track to the Sweet 16. The Cyclones face North Carolina Central in the first round, but may meet North Carolina in the second round, but I like the Cyclones to knock off the Heels and advance.
Oklahoma appears in the West Region as the No. 5 seed and tips off with North Dakota State to open the tourney. To advance to the Sweet 16, the Sooners will most likely meet an underrated San Diego State team. Although the Aztecs posted marquee wins over Kansas and Creighton, the Sooners’ offensive power will be too much to handle. 
Every year, a few teams ride a little bit of luck in order to advance deep in the tournament, and Baylor will prove to be one of those teams this year. The Bears drew No. 11 Nebraska in the first round. The Huskers are one of the most inconsistent teams this year with bad losses against UAB, Purdue and Penn State. The fact that the matchup will be in San Antonio will give  Baylor enough of an advantage. 
The Bears have the potential to face one of the best players in the country in Creighton’s Doug McDermott in the second round. But Creighton will have to get past a good Louisiana-Lafayette squad highlighted by Bryant Mbamalu and former Mississippi State Bulldog Shawn Long. The Ragin’ Cajuns have the potential to pull off one of the biggest upsets in this year’s tourney which gives Baylor a favorable track to the Sweet 16. 
After the last two weekends in the greatest month of the year, I like Florida, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Louisville in the Final Four with the Gators cutting down the nets in Arlington, Texas. Let the Madness begin.