Winston Heisman hopeful

We are now in week 12 of the college football season and about a month away from the conference championship games. That means the season is winding down, which means talk of the Heisman Trophy is in full effect. 
At the moment, there are three legitimate candidates in reigning Heisman winner Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M, Marcus Mariota of Oregon and Jameis Winston of Florida State, with guys like Bryce Petty and A.J. McCarron on the outside looking in. 
Right now, there is still a lot of football left to be played, and you could make a solid case for any of the top-three guys to win the Heisman Trophy. 
I know the Heisman Trophy is not a team award, but team success does factor into the equation, and as a freshman, “Famous Jameis” has his team undefeated and in position to run the table the rest of the way in route to a national title game. Winston has led his team to some of the most impressive victories of the season. FSU beat Maryland 63-0 when they Terrapins were ranked No. 25. The Seminoles beat a higher-ranked, more experienced team in No. 3 Clemson 51-14 at Clemson, and Winston led his team to beat its bitter rival No. 7 Miami 41-14. 
In addition to leading his team to a 9-0 record up to this point, Winston’s stats through nine games have been fantastic. He has thrown for 2,661 yards, 26 touchdowns and completes 69.2 percent of his passes. There are quarterbacks that would love to have those numbers for a full season let alone through just nine games. When you consider the fact that this player is only a freshman and has already come in, played so well and so poised against some good teams and has already established himself as the leader of that team, it makes his bid to be the next Heisman Trophy winner even more probable. 
The ‘Noles essentially control their own destiny to get into the title game, and it is in large part due to Winston and his stellar play. I think the fact that Winston is headed for a national title appearance will be the difference. Winston’s consistency in conjunction with FSU’s remaining schedule is why I believe right now “Famous Jameis” Winston is the favorite to win the Heisman Trophy and ultimately, will go on to actually win the esteemed award.