Bulldog Cab provides reliable transportation across Starkville

Starkville’s Bulldog Cab and Shuttle Company provides transportation for residents of Starkville and Mississippi State University through use of its premiere taxi service.
The Bulldog Cab and Shuttle Company began business in July 2008. It is a privately-owned business not affiliated with university transportation systems.
Lane Etheridge, owner and administrator of the Bulldog Cab Company, said the company serves as a credible and valuable source of transportation for residents in the local area.
“About 85 to 90 percent of our trips are from campus and apartments to Walmart or to other local areas away from campus,” Etheridge said. “We have a lot of international students who have come to MSU and do not have vehicles or licenses to use our services.”
The company provides services seven days a week beginning at 8 a.m. on Monday through Friday, and 1 p.m. on Sundays. Business usually shuts down an hour after all bars have closed.
Etheridge said business is kept open as long as possible, but it is difficult to have a set closing time.
“We offer a range of services. We will service just about any area,” he said. “Frequently, we’ve transported individuals to the bus station in Jackson, Tupelo, Birmingham and the Tuscaloosa airport. We even offer private chartering services for premier upscale services such as weddings. In these cases, it can be similar to renting a limousine but a lot less expensive.”
Jemell Jenkins, Bulldog Cab driver, said the company’s services benefit students and faculty by providing safe transportation.
“This service shows that we have responsible students and faculty that choose to call us for a ride to and from bars,” Jenkins said. “During the weekend and during big events is when we get a lot of calls. It shows how people want to have a good time, but want to do it responsibly.”
Jenkins said Bulldog Cab has quite a few regular customers, both on and off campus.
Maria Peñafiel, senior international business major, said Bulldog Cab is a convenient source of transportation, especially for international students.
“I hadn’t heard of this company until last fall when they came to pick up my friends and I,” Peñafiel said. “They will come wherever you are, which is really convenient. They picked us up in front of Ruby Hall and took us to the Cotton District.”
Peñafiel said she feels its prices are quite reasonable.
“Individually, their prices make sense. Five dollars a person is not bad, especially with a group of friends. I understand that they have to make their profits,” she said.
Etheridge said employees have access to Bulldog Cab vehicles throughout the day, making them ready to make routes.
The company has a fleet of vehicles used for their transportation services including one minivan, one 12-passenger large van and two 15-passenger large vans.
Prices for Bulldog Cab and shuttle vary. A one-person drop-off fee is $10. The price per person is $5 each for a group of two or more passengers. To schedule pick-ups, those interested  can contact 312-5003. For more information, visit bulldogcab.com.