Bulldogs host Purdue, Samford in big weekend at Dudy Noble Field

After roaring to a 5-0 start, the No. 5 Mississippi State Bulldogs look to extend their winning ways with some stiff competition in the Diamond Classic at Dudy Noble Field today.
MSU seeks to remain undefeated on the 2013 campaign when the Purdue Boilermakers and the thorn in the Bulldogs’ side last season, the Samford Bulldogs, make their treks down to the friendly confines of Dudy Noble. Samford eliminated MSU last year in Regionals.
Though all the members of the Maroon and White have been contributing so far this season, head coach John Cohen said he has not decided which Bulldogs will take the field.
“I’m not 100 percent sure what order we’ll go in,” Cohen said, “Probably very similar as the one last week.”
Cohen did announce his pitching rotation will be the same as last weekend. Jacob Lindgren will take the mound today, Evan Mitchell and Kendall Graveman will make the starts tomorrow and Sunday’s starter is yet to be determined.
Though the Bulldogs have a lofty No. 5 ranking and an undefeated record, they are not overlooking Purdue and Samford.
Sophomore pitcher Jonathan Holder said he believes his team is ready for the challenge this weekend. 
“I think we’re all mentally and physically ready,” Holder said after the win Tuesday night against Grambling State. “We’re going to rest the next couple of days. We’ll practice, and we’ll be ready.”
 Samford enters the weekend with a 3-1 record on the season, scoring an average 10.2 runs per game. 
Purdue, who hosted a Regional last year, comes in at 2-2 on the season.
The Maroon and White start the Diamond Classic facing Purdue today at 6 p.m. Saturday the battle of the Bulldogs takes place at 3 p.m., and then State will play Purdue again at 6 p.m. Sunday, MSU takes on Samford at 2:30 p.m.