Publication of Reveille at risk

The fate of Mississippi State University’s annual, The Reveille, remains uncertain as the publication has not sold the 1,000 copies required to send the yearbook to print.
Jen Nguyen, editor in chief of The Reveille, said at the moment she and The Reveille’s sales representatives are working together to figure out if the annual will be able to go to print.
As of right now, Nguyen said 429 copies have been sold.
The last day that students could order a Reveille was scheduled to be March 22, but Nguyen said students can still order a copy online.
“People can actually still buy their Reveille; it has not been taken off of the banner tab yet so people can still purchase one,” she said.
Nguyen said if The Reveille cannot print this year, then the annual will have to wait until next year to try again.
“If we don’t print this year, we just won’t print,” she said.
She also said The Reveille staff does not currently have plans to publish anything online, but in the event that The Reveille does not go to print, the staff plans to start working toward the production and sales of next year’s Reveille as soon as possible to refrain from having this problem again.
“I’m not sure if we’re going to put anything online or not, but if we don’t print this year then we’re going to talk about plans for next year,” she said. “We’re going to start making plans for our staff for the summer and plans to get started right away in the fall and avoid this happening again.”