Football players involved in various crimes during break

Some of Mississippi State University’s football players were arrested, resulting in a small spotlight on the Bulldog players. Arrests included wide receiver De’Runnya Wilson, and freshman offensive lineman Elgton Jenkins.
Wilson was arrested in his home state of Alabama on March 13 for a marijuana possession misdemeanor on his way to a friend’s 21rst birthday party in Andalusia, Alabama. The arrest was made by River Falls police chief Greg Jackson, who pulled over the vehicle Wilson was riding in for going 59 mph in a 45 mph speed zone.
Jackson said he smelled burnt marijuana in the car. 
Jenkins was booked and later bailed out of Oktibbeha County Jail March 12 after he was arrested by MSU Police on an assault charge related to a snowball fight on Feb. 25 that allegedly escalated.  
Grant Harris and Brandon Bryant, who are both also freshmen football players, have both had accusations of assault leveled at them and warrants issued for their arrest, although the warrants have not been served at this time and neither has been arrested.
The assault charges surround an incident that occurred on MSU campus during the first snow day. While many students reveled in the novelty of snow, a snowball fight involving Harris, Bryant, Jenkins and MSU junior James Meyers ended with Meyers having a black eye, broken nose and chipped teeth. Meyers filed assault charges against Harris and Bryant.
“During the snow, you had some snowballs thrown and somebody got punched,” MSUPD chief Vance Rice said.
Meyers’ attorney, Robert Wilkins, said he signed two affidavits with MSUPD against Harris and Bryant for his client. One accused Harris for felony assault, claiming he punched Meyers in the face, and the other accused Bryant of simple assault for throwing a snowball in Meyers face in an attempt to harm. 
Rice said MSUPD managed to track down one of the suspects through a vehicle that was reportedly seen at the site of the incident. He said the suspect denied the charges, although Rice said Meyers identified the suspect in a photo lineup. Rice said Jenkins then approached the police and confessed responsibility for the attack, saying the suspect MSUPD brought in had not made the assault. MSUPD then charged Jenkins with simple assault and released the original suspect. 
Afterwards, Meyers said Jenkins was present for the attack, but did not actually participate, Rice said.
“The victim ID’d these two, and this other guy confessed so, what do you do?” Rice said. “All we can do is send it to court and let the judge figure it out.”
Wilkins said he expects something to happen in court within the next few weeks. 
Wilson and Jenkins both participated in practice Tuesday of this week, which marked the start of spring training. MSU and Mullen have released a few statements concerning the arrests, but beyond that have declined to comment. 
“We have very high standards and expectations for all of our student-athletes,” Mullen said. “Any time an accusation is made against one of our student-athletes, we investigate fully and do not jump to any conclusions.”