Bakery gets makeover

The State Fountain Bakery, home to study groups and mid-morning snacks, is cooking up something new-its interior. And the changes will be complete from the floor up.
    “A new door and display case have been added to give the building a face lift and a more up-to-date look,” said Angel Jennings, manager of the Bakery.
    But the bakery’s facelift isn’t over. It’s still getting new floors, new showcases and a fresh coat of paint inside, Jennings added.
    The bakery’s full-time employees and part-time student workers are available to help customers starting at 7 a.m. Monday through Friday until 6 p.m. On Saturdays it’s open from 8 a.m. until noon, with special hours on game days and Sundays on game weekends from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
    The bakery has almost a full line of Starbucks coffee and sells a variey of cakes, pies, cookies and brownies, as well as pastries like doughnuts, bagels and croissants. The bakery also has ice cream by the scoop, smoothies and fat-free frozen yogurt to soothe anxious taste-buds, not to mention MSU cheese and ice cream.
    “What makes our bakery so great is that everything is made from scratch and there is a very wide variety,” Jennings said.
    Jennifer Martin, psychology major in the the work study program, said that she works at the bakery because it helps her interact with people. She said that their customers are very comfortable with workers and enjoy chatting when they come in the bakery.
    “I enjoy working at the MSU Bakery because my co-workers and supervisors are like my family,” Martin said.
    “The bakery is a great place to come because it has a nice, friendly atmosphere and because it’s a great place to study because it’s quiet,” said Anthony Lawson, a student supervisor at the bakery.