Homecoming activities planned for week

Campus organizations have teamed up to bring students a bigger Dawgs ‘Til Dawn for Homecoming.
    The event, featuring inflatable activities, free food and MSU ice cream, live music and the movie Spiderman II will be Wednesday from 6 p.m.-midnight at the Drill Field. The movie will begin at 10 p.m.
    The event is sponsored by the Alumni Association, the Student Association, the Residence Hall Association, the Campus Activities Board, Orientation Leaders and Road Runners.
    Last year, Dawgs ‘Til Dawn was held in The Union.
    “Dawgs ‘Til Dawn is being held outdoors this year because we changed the activities, the weather is nice and the Alumni Delegates wanted to have a cookout for Dawgs ‘Til Dawn rather than having one in the afternoon like they have in the past,” said Dee Dallas, head of films and recreation for CAB.
    “We’re hoping for a big turnout because it’s Homecoming, and we’re encouraging everyone to come out because it’s going to be really fun,” Dallas added.
    Timothy Jackson, president of the Residence Hall Association, said that organizers are hoping for a crowd of 400-600 students for the event. Dawgs ‘Til Dawn will be held inside The Union if it rains.
    Other activities going on for Homecoming week include a luau sponsored by the Residence Hall Association between Smith and Critz halls at 7 p.m. today.
    The luau will include free food, games and non-alcoholic drinks that taste like alcoholic drinks, Jackson said.
    “There will be free hamburgers, free hotdogs, fresh fruit, a Limbo contest, a Hula hoop contest and mocktails for students,” he said.
    The luau rain location is Herbert Hall.
    Also today, the MSU Lyceum Series will kick off with Chris Brubeck’s Triple Play concert at 7:30 p.m. in the Colvard Union Ballroom. The concert is free for students with a MSU student ID.
    To set the background for Homecoming activities this week, the Professional and Support Staff Advisory Council is sponsoring a Homecoming door decoration competition that will be judged Thursday. Buildings on campus will have entrances decorated with the State of the Future theme. All of the doors must be completed by 10 a.m. and will be judged between 4-6 p.m.