SA offers free flick to non-traditional students

Graduate and non-traditional students have a chance to see a free movie at Hollywood Premier Cinemas at 7 p.m. today.
    Free Movie Night for graduate and non-traditional students is sponsored by the Student Association. Students can pick up tickets Tuesday at the SA office, which is located in the basement of Perry Cafeteria next to the State Fountain Bakery.
    “It’s a ticket to any movie,” said Matt Bramuchi, director of the graduate and non-traditional student affairs committee.
    Only graduate and non-traditional students are eligible for the free ticket. “Non-traditional students are part-time students, distance learners, and students who commute from local towns such as Columbus on a day to day basis,” Bramuchi said.
    “We estimate that there are about 2,000 non-traditional students,” Bramuchi said. In addition, there are around 3,000 graduate students at MSU, he said.
    Free Movie Night is a way to encourage participation among graduate and non-traditional students, Bramuchi said.
    Lakiesha Claude, president of the Graduate Student Association, which helped to sponsor the event, added, “We want most of all to just supply something outside of the academic arena for graduate and non-traditional students.”
    “I think that it’s an excellent opportunity for the graduate students to network, and it’s something different that hasn’t been done much in the past,” she added.
    “They can actually use the tickets any time, but we’re just trying to concentrate them all together,” Bramuchi added.
    Free tickets will only be provided for graduate and non-traditional students, but they are welcome to bring family or friends, Bramuchi said. “It’s just a regular night at the movies, except the tickets are free,” he added.
    Hollywood Premier Cinemas is located on Stark Road in Starkville. Information about the movies playing can be found at http://www.hollywoodpremiercinemas.com.