Voter registration mistakes a learning experience

Some would say that the recent election was a success, while some bemoan the outcome. No matter the outcome, most people are proud of voter turnout, which is said to be the largest since the ’60s.
    Mississippi State has been in a voter frenzy. From the Student Association petition to tables around The Union urging voter registration, the mind-set of campus has been involvement in politics, and the students have responded.
    However, every good intention can have mistakes. On Election Day, a few people who signed up with the SA, College Republicans and College Democrats were not able to vote.
    This was an honest mistake, pure and simple. It only pertained to a few people. The problem was that a few registration forms were incomplete or had incorrect information. A few people filled out their home address, and therefore their forms had to be sent to their hometown.
    Anyone who has applied for financial aid or has filled out income tax forms will tell you that forms dealing with the government must be filled out carefully. It needs to be this way. Mistakes cannot be made.
    This election has been a learning experience for the many who registered and voted for the first time. Mistakes like this can happen. All we can do is use this learning experience to help us in the future.
    The Reflector editorial board is made up of opinion editor Angela Adair, news editor Elizabeth Crisp, sports editor Craig Peters, entertainment editor Dustin Barnes, managing editor Pam McTeer and editor in chief Josh Foreman.