SA coverage fair, unbiased

In light of all the controversy over the Student Association elections, I would like to commend The Reflector staff on its insightful, objective and informative coverage of the presidential candidates and their involvement with the Student Association.
    The office of Student Association President is a highly regarded position that holds much responsibility.
    I feel that since the president represents the entire Mississippi State University student body, the students must be informed of each candidate’s background, platform, experience and integrity.
    The facts about each candidate must be known in order to make an educated choice on Tuesday, April 6, 2004.
    Obviously, each candidate can convey his own messages to the students, but The Reflector has done an outstanding job of separating the political nonsense from the actual truths.
    Since Friday’s publication, some have attempted to criticize The Reflector, calling it biased.
    However, I feel The Reflector has been nothing but fair and impartial in its coverage of these elections. The Reflector has done the best it could do to publish factual information that is pertinent to MSU students and the future of this university.
    This is not the only time The Reflector has shown objective journalism during a controversial situation.
    I recall last semester’s homecoming elections. The Reflector, without bias, researched the outcome and then informed the student body of the controversies involved with the homecoming elections.
    As a member of a Greek organization, I felt deeply involved in the controversy, but I know the Reflector was only doing its job by reporting the full story to the student body.
    This is only one of many examples that proves the Reflector and its staff will go to great lengths to publish the facts regardless of negative feedback.
    I would like to end by thanking the staff of The Reflector for its continuous objective journalism in matters of concern to the MSU student body.
    As students we should realize The Reflector is a medium we can turn to when searching for information regarding the facts about the Student Association presidential elections.
    Wendy Tabor is a senior communication major.