McCullum responds

First, I would like to thank each and every supporter of the McCullum Campaign. I would also like to thank those for the out pour of positive responses over the duration of the campaign.
    Because of insinuating circumstances, I did not participate in Monday’s debate sponsored by the Student Association.
    As a candidate, I am not required to participate, however it would seem fitting to do so to further promote my campaign and platform.
    Because of frivolous and negative attacks toward my campaign from various avenues, I decided that I would withdraw myself from the debate and continue to personally approach the student body through my own efforts.
    This decision was made based upon my own interests as a candidate and for the student body, and the question of the productiveness of the debate as a determinant for the better candidate for president.
    Be reassured that I will be happy to address your concerns or any questions you may have concerning my decision about the debate or my campaign efforts.
    You may also visit the campaign Web site at www.juan4pres.com.
    I urge you, the students, to maintain a positive outlook on today’s run-off. It is still your election, your vote and your Student Association.
    Juan McCullum is a senior marketing major and a candidate for SA president.