Reward invite with fidelity

Q: This guy I’m dating is taking me to Mexico for spring break with a few of his buddies. We’ve been seeing each other for less than a month. Are there any rules for flirting with other guys? We aren’t that serious yet.
    A: Structured rules for your circumstance may not exist, but some morals you need to stick to do. You sound like an anxious Girl Scout trying to sell all your cookies at once.
    You’re putting yourself in a compromising situation. Just consider this: This guy offers to take you to a spring break paradise and you want to ditch him when you acquire beer goggles for a potential fling? Can you see the problem with this?
    This guy you’re dating deserves more respect than it seems like you’re willing to give him at this point. Maybe you should have thought about going on a trip with your girlfriends because you’re obviously not in the mood to stick it out with just one guy on this vacation.
    You and this guy may not be that serious, but he must think otherwise. Guys don’t make plans to hang out with girls for longer than an hour just for the heck of it. They would much rather gag themselves to death before inviting a girl on a trip with “the guys” to Mexico where there are multiple forms of entertainment and the beer’s not the only thing that’s cheap.
    No, he doesn’t want to marry you. But at the same time, he has feelings for you. And those feelings shouldn’t be taken lightly. Chances are if he is planning to flirt with a bunch of other females, he would have either not asked you to accompany him or told you to bring your cluster of girlfriends.
    This is not to say you can’t be independent while hanging out with these guys. Bear in mind that you don’t have to be at his side at all times. Have as much fun as you please, but don’t please any other guys in the meantime.
    In all fairness, it is Mexico. So relax. Have some fun with this guy. Spring break is a notorious time to hook up with someone new, and then try to forget about it-but not in your case. Try to keep a hold of your flirting reigns. Otherwise, you might be walking home.
    Who knows, maybe you’ll build something stronger by escorting your man on a spring break he’ll never forget. And if all goes well then you both can have your cookies and eat them, too.
    Crystal will answer readers’ questions. E-mail them to [email protected].