Jeremy England profile

Senior
    Pascagoula, Miss.
    Political Science
    My name is Jeremy England, and I am running for SA Vice President. As Vice President, I will “bring the SA to the students” by placing suggestion boxes on campus, extending the Senate Campus Outreach Program, and installing a comments/suggestions section on the Senate page of the SA Web site. I will also work for continued expansion and improvement on the MSU Shuttle System, and I will seek student access to teacher evaluations. As an SA Senator, I sponsored the Academic Forgiveness Policy and the Revised Fall Break Resolution, and I would love to continue to work for the students of MSU. Finally, having completed most of my degree requirements will allow me to be dedicated to serving you full time next year as Vice President. For further information about my campaign, please my Web site at www.jeremyengland.com. Once again, please vote for me, Jeremy England, for Vice President in Tuesday’s election.

Jeremy England would like a student government that reaches out to the student body. And he has plans to do just that.
    Citing his experience this past year as a Student Association senator as his reason for running, England said he wants to place suggestion boxes on campus and set up links to a database on the SA Web site.
    The links would include a place for students to insert a comment, suggestion or concern.
    Other plans include an outreach effort by the SA Senate, in which England said he would request that all senators go out on campus at least three times per semester and talk to students to see what they would like for the SA to accomplish.
    England specified other goals he has set if selected as SA vice president.
    “I would like to see the night route carry on,” he said in reference to the new program enacted by this year’s SA. “I’d like to see us possibly move the shuttle system off the campus, or at least be in strides to do so during the day,” he said.
    England also said he wants to publicize teacher evaluations given at the end of every semester.
    As for his qualifications over the other vice president candidate, England said he would have the time to handle the work load.
    “I’m 15 hours away from completing my degree,” he said. “I’m going to take 12 hours in the fall, and 12 hours in the spring, which would allow me to be in the SA office most of the day, which I will be.”
    “Two of the biggest resolutions that were passed [in the Senate] this semester, I sponsored, which were academic forgiveness and the revised fall break,” England said.