Adam Telle profile

Adam Telle
    Senior
    Northport, Ala.
    Communication and Computer Science
    One year ago, the SA Executive Officers granted me the opportunity to serve as Executive Assistant to the President. I did not take this opportunity lightly. I served MSU students far beyond what the position required.
    I worked tirelessly on such projects as Bulldog Bash, the Gubernatorial Debate, the Night Route, and Old Main Music Festival. I formed and chaired a committee to explore the possibilities of building a First-Year Experience program at MSU.
    Given the opportunity to serve as your SA President, I will build on past success, while also piloting new endeavors including a First-Year Experience Program, a Textbook Exchange System, and a University-Wide Distinguished Speaker Series.
    Tuesday, you will elect your next Student Association President. Do not take this task lightly. Your decision will shape this university’s future.
    This is the People’s University. This is your university. Let your voice be heard. Vote Adam Telle.

Adam Telle is ready to make college a more memorable experience for students by increasing their involvement in campus organizations.
    Telle said he hopes to accomplish this goal by obtaining better funding for the organizations through means such as the student fee initiative and the proposed 2 percent tax.
    An overwhelming majority of students approved the student fee initiative last April, but the state Institutions of Higher Learning rejected the proposal. Also the Starkville Board of Aldermen has delayed the decision on the 2 percent tax, which would generate additional revenue for the campus as well.
    “I believe the second way to get Mississippi State students engaged and make them feel like MSU is their home is to sponsor an effort for a freshmen experience program,” Telle said.
    The program would consist of a class which would help teach all entering freshmen MSU traditions and make them aware of the available resources and organizations on campus, such as the counseling service or the student newspaper, he added.
    Telle said he wanted to run for SA president after he had worked all last summer on the Bulldog Bash.
    “After I had seen that I invested this time, and I saw the reward and the respect for the fulfillment of that work, I really knew I wanted to give another year [at MSU] as SA president,” he said.
    As for the other candidates running in the highly contested race, Telle said he believed he was the only candidate to have taken the opportunity given him and made the absolute most of it.
    “I feel like I’ve done more in this past year than those other candidates with more experience have done in all their years here,” Telle said. “I don’t do things halfway. I don’t take positions and rest on my laurels.”