Injured MSU worker in critical condition

Mississippi State University employee Randy Bouchillon, who was injured in an electrical fire in Allen Hall earlier this month, is listed in critical condition at the Mississippi Firefighter’s Memorial Burn Center in Greenville.
    “Critical condition means the patient’s vital signs are unstable or not within normal limits. The patient may be unconscious,” Robby Scucchi, spokesperson for the Delta Regional Medical Center, said. “There is no indication thus far as to how long the patient’s stay might be.”
    Bouchillon, assistant electrical supervisor of the MSU physical plant, suffered his injuries Sept. 4 while working on an electrical panel. So far, no information has been released as to the cause of the accident.
    Faculty and students were evacuated from Allen Hall while emergency personnel investigated the scene. Bouchillon was initially rushed to Oktibbeha County Hospital for treatment before being moved to the burn center in Greenville.
    “Right after the accident the plan was to bring in an expert to help to try figure out what happened. We haven’t heard anything new about that since,” university spokesman Joe Farris said.
    Farris added that hiring a consultant and conducting a full investigation into the matter would take time.
    The physical plant and other departments were accepting donations for the Bouchillon family to help with medical expenses and other costs, said Robert Johnston, interim director of the MSU physical plant.
    Kathy Collins, who is managing the fund, said some donated money had already been sent to the Bouchillon family. Anyone wishing to help the family to contact her by phone at 325-1880 or at campus mailstop 9604.