Crimson Tide drowns Dawgs 38-0 (Commentary)

Three years ago today Jackie Sherrill became the winningest coach in MSU history with a dominating 29-7 win over a crummy Mike Dubose Alabama team.
    That Crimson Tide team couldn’t score a touchdown in four downs inside the MSU 10.
    I remember sitting in the student section that day, cowbell in one hand and white towel in the other, chanting “Jac-KIE! Jac-KIE!”
    Many fans brought white towels that day to show support for Sherrill’s accomplishment.
    On Saturday his team’s biggest accomplishment was a nine-play, 37-yard drive in the third quarter that was State’s first trip across midfield.
    If the 2000 Alabama squad met Saturday’s Bulldogs, the game’s attendence would rival an intramural croquet match.
    If only the officials could have blown the whistle right after Alabama’s first touchdown, three hours of my life wouldn’t have been wasted.
    Watching the shrubs in the southwest end zone grow was more fun than watching this game.
    During the game, Sherrill wore a white hat, white shirt and white sweater vest.
    He needed a white flag.
    Coach, I’ve still got my white towel if you want to borrow it.