SA seeks volunteers for local cleanup day

The Bulldog Benefit makes its debut Saturday, March 1, and needs more volunteers.
    The benefit serves to allow students and faculty of Mississippi State University to be more involved within the Starkville community and benefit local middle schools and families in need. Anyone can participate. The new deadline for volunteers is Friday, Feb. 21.
    “We would love to have everyone from every organization on campus–at least 300 people,” Bulldog Benefit coordinator Holli Hitt said. “We are absolutely welcoming anyone to volunteer.”
    The purpose of the benefit is to thank the Starkville community for its support of the University with a Saturday of Service,” Genice Allen said.
    “We hope to build better relations with the Starkville community, and help unify our campus even more through service. It is important for everyone at Mississippi State to participate because it would give us an opportunity to make a difference in peoples lives, diversify our surroundings and it will allow students and faculty to get to know each other outside of the classroom,” Allen said.
    Volunteers will serve in ways such as painting, picking up trash and running errands for the elderly.
    The Bulldog Benefit will begin on Saturday morning on the Drill Field, with a kick-off breakfast at 8:30 a.m. The kick-off ceremony will follow and volunteers will receive their assignments and work from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Volunteers do not have to stay the entire time. Volunteers will assemble at 1:45 p.m. for the award presentation and closing.
    Student Association is hosting the event. For more information, call the Student Association office at 325-3917 and leave a message for Holli Hitt or Genice Allen.