Music is no stranger to Tupelo, and gospel is the newest addition

Saturday, Feb. 23, Bill Gaither will present the Gaither Homecoming Musical Spectacular in Tupelo at the BancorpSouth Center, beginning at 6 p.m. Gaither, a prominent southern gospel singer and his wife Gloria, has created and published over 500 songs. They have released more than 50 albums.
    “Bill’s Homecoming recording, a collection of southern gospel favorites created by gospel pioneers and the Vocal Band, has spawned an amazing collection of music video experiences that have captured the heart of gospel lovers across the country and around the world,O a press release said.
    The Gaither Homecoming Musical Spectacular will not only feature Gaither, but a plethora of other amazing Christian musicians including the Gaither Vocal Band, the Martins, Jake Hess, Janet Paschal, the Easters, Jessy Dixon, Ivan Parker, Talley Trio, the Booth Brothers, Taylor Mason, Kevin Williams, Russ Taff, Aaron Wilburn, Lynda Randle and Ben Speer.
    “Even though Bill Gaither is usually listened to by an older audience, I think his coming to Tupelo is a good opportunity in musical variety for students,” freshman Justin Miller said.
    Tickets for the Gaither Homecoming Musical Spectacular can be purchased at the BancorpSouth Center Box Office or at any Ticket King locations, which include Ticket Alley in Tupelo, Kerr Videoplex in Corinth, Bryan’s Records and Pets in Columbus and Bebop Records in Starkville.
    All seats are reserved and can be purchased prior to the concert for $18.50. Special Artist Circle seats can be purchased for $28.50. For children ages 2-12 and senior citizens, people over age 60, tickets are $16.50. A group of 20 or more can also buy tickets at the discounted $16.50 each.
    If you would like to charge tickets by phone, call (662) 841-6528.