Hunt Club changes pace with Confederate Railroad

Country band Confederate Railroad will perform.at Remington’s Hunt Club tonight. Confederate Railroad is a nationally known platinum selling band with hits on the country charts such as “Queen of Memphis,” “Trashy Women,” “Jesus and Mama” and “When You Leave That Way (You Can Never Go Back).”
    The band is promoting its new album, Unleashed, which is in stores now.
    “Confederate Railroad is a fun party band that is going to be a good night club show,” Hunt Club owner Bill Norris said.
    “Their music is upbeat, fun party music, like a Brooks and Dunn type of show,” Norris said. “When you hear it, you get really pumped up, and it makes you just want to have fun.”
    Also coming to the Hunt Club on April 19 is a Kiss tribute band. The band will look, sound and act like Kiss. There will also be a Kiss look-alike contest with a $100 first place prize.
    On April 25 and 26, a Spring Fest Blowout will welcome two popular bands to the Hunt Club for a weekend full of entertainment before exams start at Mississippi State University.
    Sin City, an ACDC tribute band, will make their Hunt Club debut on April 25, and Chill Bomb, the Hunt Club’s most popular band will play on April 26.
    “We thought it would be nice for our customers by having two nights in a row of entertainment,” Norris said, “and we also know that it’s the end of the year and students are low on cash, that is why the cover is only $5.”
    For next year, the Hunt Club is planning a number of promotions to make it an even better year than this year.
    “We can’t reveal our promotions yet, but we plan to have more national bands for premium entertainment at the best we can,” Norris said.
    According to Norris, the Hunt Club wants to build clientele and loyalty, along with possibly adding to the already 25,000 sq. foot building, the largest nightclub in Mississippi.
    Norris said that it is important for people to take advantage of these types of entertainment acts in order to keep the big acts coming.
    “We just want to say thank you to our customers for such a great year and to let them know that we plan to be here for a long time,” Norris said.
    Tickets for tonight’s concert are $12. For more information, call the Hunt Club at 323-2892.