Artist Profile: Gabby Johnson

Popular rock band Gabby Johnson will be one of the featured guests at Friday’s Bulldog Bash. They are currently promoting their newly released 3rd album, featuring songs such as “Been So Long,” “More Than I Am” and “Something to Lose.” The group has been performing since 1997 across the southeast.
    Band members of Gabby Johnson include: Travis Russell, Juno Avent, Joey McBride and Donnie Marrs. They find their influences in bands like The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
    “It’s rock but with an older, more southern feel,” said lead vocalist Travis Russell on the band’s style.
    The band has been working hard to prepare before playing to the huge crowd at MSU’s Bash. Gabby Johnson will take to the Deli Stage at 10:00 on Friday night.
    “We try to get a set and treat it like the biggest show we’ve got,” said Russell on how they plan to create a show that is both fluid and dynamic for Friday night.
    Bash goers may recall seeing Gabby Johnson performing earlier this month at Rick’s Caf?. Although this will be their first Bulldog Bash appearance, the band has played in Starkville many times and already has dates lined up for next semester.
    SA members Tyler Wolfe and Lauren Burns carefully selected Gabby Johnson along with the other bands performing at the bash. This year they endeavored to provide a variety of musicians that would appeal to the entire student population.
    “We wanted to get an assortment of performers. I spoke with the students and we came up with what we came up with,” said Wolfe.