Use caution to avoid robbery, burglary

Don’t think you’re safe because you live in a smaller town. An armed suspect robbed a female MSU student on Tuesday.
    Although you shouldn’t be driven to irrational paranoia, you should not take security for granted. Starkville is not a huge city, and much of the population is MSU students, but in 2004 there were 146 known burglaries (entering a building to commit a crime) and 11 known robberies (using violence or threats to commit larceny). On campus there were seven burglaries and one robbery last year.
    Thievery can happen in Starkville, and so can violence, as proven in the spring with the gas station robberies. Just be cautious. Lock your doors if you deem it necessary. Don’t answer your door at weird hours if you don’t know who is at your door.
    October is known for pranks; however, not every perceived prank turns out harmless.
    The Reflector editorial board is made up of opinion editor Jed Pressgrove, news editor Sara McAdory, assistant news editor Wade Patterson, sports editor Ross Dellenger, entertainment editor Tyler Stewart, managing editor Dustin Barnes and editor in chief Elizabeth Crisp.