Telle wrong in denouncing article

While surfing the university’s Web site, I clicked on the Student Association’s page (http://www.sa.msstate.edu). The page read in big letters, “Telle responds to opinion letter.”
    While I am glad to see for the first time in over a year the SA’s Web site is updated, I am shocked that the resources are being used to attack and demoralize a student.
    Even more troubling than the attack itself is the fact that Bogard was attacked for writing an opinion piece in the student newspaper.
    Adam Telle is the president of the Student Association. As such, he should encourage the exchange of ideas and encourage students to express their political opinion, whatever it may be.
    He should not use state-owned resources and his title to personally attack an individual with whom he disagrees.
    For Adam Telle to on one hand encourage students to get involved in the political process, but on the other hand, to openly criticize a student for doing just that is outright hypocrisy at best.
    I am saddened that Telle’s last days in office are marred by such despicable behavior.
    Henry A. Hankins is a freshman philosophy major.