Patti LaBelle to perform at MSU Riley Center

Patti LaBelle
MSU Meridian
Patti LaBelle

Thursday, Nov. 3, award-winning singer, actress and author Patti LaBelle will perform at the MSU Riley Center in Meridian, Mississippi, as a part of the Riley Center’s Fall/Winter Performing Arts Series. 

According to her artist biography featured on biography.com, Ms. LaBelle began her music career in 1959 as the lead singer of the BlueBelles. With almost 60 years in the music industry, LaBelle is best known for her songs such as “Lady Marmalade,” “New Attitude” and “If Only You Knew.” 

According to the Riley Center’s preview of the show, Ms. LaBelle is the recipient of multiple awards for her talents including induction to the Grammy Hall of Fame, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Apollo Legends Hall of Fame, and the Songwriters’ Hall of Fame.

Recently, LaBelle has released multiple books, starred in her own cooking show on the Cooking Channel, become an entrepreneur and participated in the 20th season of Dancing With the Stars. 

The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m., and a preshow party with refreshments will begin at 6 p.m. in the Grand Lobby and is open to concertgoers. Tickets range from $72 to $78 and can be purchased online through the Riley Center or by calling or visiting the MSU Riley Center Box Office. 

The next few upcoming performances in the MSU Riley Center’s Fall/Winter Performing Arts Series include Rick Springfield, Jessica Lang, Dance and the Oak Ridge Boys. More information can be found at http://www.msurileycenter.com/index.cfm/theater/season-listing/.