Dak to appear in court Monday for DUI

Dak+apology
Dak apology

One of the greatest player in Mississippi State University football history, Dak Prescott, will appear before Judge Rodney Faver in municipal court next Monday on April 11 at 2 p.m. Prescott was arrested with a DUI over spring break.  
  This is not the first time Prescott has found trouble during spring break. Last year, he got into an altercation in Panama City. This time it was much more serious as Prescott was pulled over in his white Cadillac SUV for speeding near University Drive near the Cotton District. 
   It was determined Prescott was intoxicated and was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. However, the topic of debate are the two breathalyzers that Prescott took after the arrest. According to WREG News Channel 3, Prescott took one at 1:13 a.m. and then another at 1:47 a.m. 
  The first result was ruled an “invalid sample” and the second was ruled an “insufficient sample.” Prescott was released on bond. 
 Prescott released a statement to NFL.com shortly after the incident apologizing for his actions. 
  The incident came at a bad time for Prescott as he has been preparing for the NFL draft, which is the weekend of April 28. Two days before his arrest, he appeared before 30 NFL teams at MSU’s Pro Day. The incident was out of character for Prescott who received the senior CLASS Award. 

This incident has been the start of a run of bad off the field publicity for MSU. Fellow draft hopeful Chris Jones was arrested a week later for driving with a suspended license. Then a week ago, MSU signee Jeffery Simmons was seen in a video beating a woman. He was later charged with simple assault and disturbing the peace. 
Jon Gruden asked Prescott about his arrest on ESPN’s nationally televised “Gruden’s QB camp.” In the end, Prescott has already taken the damage he will receive from this incident, regardless of how Judge Rodney rules Monday. This is something that has followed him in his meetings with teams, and it will continue to follow him until draft day.