In lieu of Trump’s lead, faith lies with other candidates

This week Americans took to the poll in 11 different states to cast their votes. Different states held both their Republican and Democratic primaries on the same day. The states up for grabs for Republicans were Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, and Virginia. The states up for Democrats included  Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont and Virginia. Hilary Clinton currently leads the Democratic field. Trump has since gained traction by winning    nine of the 11 states. Despite heavy criticism from those on both sides of the aisle Trump continues to lead now. The question becomes, are the Americans that are heavily criticizing Trump actually going to the polls to vote? Also, is the world ready for a President Trump? 

The Trump campaign has done a good job in the aspect that they force candidates to be honest during debates. That is the only area the Trump campaign can receive any gratitude. His campaign has done nothing but spread fear, racism and ignorance. Trump has been slow to take a stance against the Ku Klux Klan supporting him, but has been vocal against the Black Lives Movement who protests at his rallies. Mitt Romney and John McCain were both vocal yesterday, not holding anything back, as they attacked Trump. 

Romney was quoted by the New York Times as saying, “Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud,” Romney said. “His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University. 

He’s playing members of the American public for suckers: He gets a free ride to the White House and all we get is a lousy hat.”John McCain was quoted in an article on Politico.com, “I share the concerns about Donald Trump that my friend and former Republican nominee, Mitt Romney, described in his speech today,” said the Arizona senator and 2008 Republican nominee. I would also echo the many concerns about Mr. Trump’s uninformed and indeed dangerous statements on national security issues that have been raised by 65 Republican defense and foreign policy leaders.” 

Donald Trump does not represent the Republican Party or the Democrat Party; he is only in it for his personal gains. His true motives are still unclear to me. He does not believe in Making America Great Again because America stopped being great. The nation was founded on immigrants wanting a better life for themselves and wanting a better life for their families. If he has no problem deporting millions of illegal immigrants, what is to stop him from jailing business owners who do illegal off the book hiring of said immigrants? Trump wants to build a wall that will have to expand over 1,989 miles. The ignorance behind this idea is not average size. Not only will it cost billions to build this wall, it will cost billions to maintain the upkeep of such a wall. His Presidency would not even see the completion of such a task. 

I know that you may feel that the political system needs to be changed or even shaken up but Donald J. Trump is not the change that our nation needs. I can’t tell you who to vote for but I can heavily suggest that you do not vote for a man who has cared for no one else but himself.

The Super Tuesday revealed that Americans in certain states favor Trump heavily, but when the time comes, I have faith America will make the right decision.