Stabbing investigation continues

The Mississippi State University student who allegedly stabbed another student Aug. 26 in the Cotton District has been bound to the grand jury, Scotty Carrithers, lead investigator of the case, said.
William Prince, the suspect in the stabbing, had his bond lowered earlier in the week from $500,000 to $50,000, Carrithers said.
Prince is being charged with aggravated assault.
Arresting Prince has been the Starkville Police Department’s only lead, Carrithers said.
The motive behind the stabbing is still under investigation, Carrithers said.
Rhonda Ellis, assistant district attorney for Oktibbeha County, said the grand jury will not convene until January.
She said if the case is brought forward then, it will be decided whether Prince will be indicted.
Ellis said the district attorney’s office does not have any other information on Prince’s case at this time.
She said in felony cases, an investigation is done by the police and then the case is put on the grand jury docket.
Scott Stricklin, MSU athletic director, and Thomas  Bourgeois, dean of students, visited Joey Davis in the hospital Tuesday.
“Considering what he has been through, he seems to be in great spirits,” Stricklin said.
Stricklin said Davis is a smart young man with a positive outlook.
“He’s thankful he’s still living and has an opportunity to recover from this and move on,” Stricklin said.
Davis had friends surrounding him in the hospital, Stricklin said.
“A really special part of Mississippi State is the support we give each other during challenging times,” he said.
Stricklin and  Bourgeois took Davis student season football tickets.
“He (Davis) is ready to be a normal student and be at football games,” he said.
Davis received multiple stab wounds to his torso during the incident Friday and was transported to the Baptist Regional Medical Center in Columbus for surgery. He was originally listed in serious guarded condition after surgery.
On Monday, Carmen Davis said her son is stable.