Students (lip sync) battle at the most recent Dawgs after Dark event

A lip sync battle was held in the Colvard Student Union on Friday as a part of Dawgs after Dark on Friday.
Music choices ranged from classics like The Jackson 5 to modern musicians like Adele.
Jaleyn Pearson, the resident advisor for the second floor of Ruby Hall performed Jennifer Hudson’s “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going.”
“Dawgs After Dark is good for the students who don’t go home because it gives them something to enjoy,” Pearson said.
Grace Mahoney sang “Rolling in the Dark” by Adele, but it was not Mahoney’s first time on stage.
“I have been a performer for a while, and it just felt like home to me,” Mahoney said.
Mahoney said she believes Dawgs after Dark is strengthening ties within the Mississippi State University community.
“Dawgs after Dark is very important,”  Mahoney said. “I work for RHA and help put on these events which makes it important that I see students having fun and taking a break from school for a while to enjoy company with their friends.”
Other songs performed included “Firework” by Katy Perry, “Tyrone” by Erykah Badu and many more.
The next Dawgs After Dark event is a movie night on Saturday from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Mississippi State’s Center for Student Activities and Holmes Cultural Diversity Center are hosting the showing of the 2017 drama “Marshall” starring Chadwick Boseman as Thurgood Marshall.
The event will take place in the Bill R. Foster Ballroom on the second floor of Colvard Student Union. More information about Dawgs after Dark events is available on their social media pages.