Do not settle for an unchallenging college experience and dull people

Although college can seem like a four-year money-pit for some, the possibility for intellectual stimulation and personal growth is priceless.
College is a four-year episode of your life based on trial and error, whether it be by discovering the major you have dreamed your whole life was not for you, or experiencing a similar feeling with a friend or significant other. 
It feels like I should still be a freshman trying to navigate campus and meeting new people, but those days are long behind me. In the blink of an eye, senior year will be upon me. Then, instead of worrying about getting into the classes I want, I will be throwing myself into graduate and law school applications, attempting to make a great impression on people I have never met and may never meet. Although it may be cliché, live each day of college fully, because the time will slip through your fingers before you know it.
So while you are here, take some challenging courses. I know it may seem easy to choose a professor you have heard will give you a fantastic grade for subpar work, but challenge yourself. If you need a grade booster, go for the easy A; if you are doing fine academically, then take a class which will cause you to exert your gray matter.
I can honestly say the most fulfilling and entertaining classes I have taken here have been some of the hardest. There is nothing more academically gratifying than making a great grade on something you can be truly proud of. In addition, according to Vicki Nelson of College Parent Central, getting a subpar grade in a harder class can help humble you, and even help you deal with failing. 
As terrible as it sounds, life takes no prisoners and everyone needs to realize it at some point. I had to realize very quickly how teachers in college, at least the harder ones, do not give out extra credit. I came from a high school which doled out extra credit if you brought in canned goods or other various items for different service drives, but college is a very different story.
Furthermore, challenge yourself to find people who push you to be a better person. According to Bizzy Emerson from The Huffington Post, one of the easiest ways to make friends in college is to be “accessible.” Talk to everyone you meet, whether in your dorm or in your classes, and find someone you mesh with.
Do not spend your four years with people who are only concerned with themselves, or with people who only enjoy weekends they cannot even remember. Find people who you can talk to about shared interests, whether it be books, video games, art or your favorite 90s sitcom. Find people who are concerned about things outside of their personal realm, real issues affecting people on a national or global scale.
Find people who love you for you, and who will be there for you at the roughest moments in your life. College will be far more enjoyable surrounded by people who encourage you to do your best in all aspects of your life. There will be moments in college when you feel like there is no hope, or are down on yourself, but worthy friends will lift you up.
All in all, college has the potential to be the best four years of your life, you just have to make each moment count. So, get out there, find your niche and your friend support group, and make the best out of your newfound independence.