Here’s The Beef

On the average Walmart run, one would not realize that passing by Brian Michael’s Meat Market. No, it’s not like Mr. Green’s butcher shop on the TV show “Hey Arnold.”
Brian Michael’s Meat Market offers a cafe setting with a full menu. Within a 125 mile radius, it is the only retailer that sells certified angus beef. Besides selling beef, Brian Michael’s Meat Market sells products such as chicken, duck and even buffalo meat. Also, it supports local trade by having all of their seafood imported from the Gulf Coast. 
Owner Brian Linder’s experience as a butcher began when he started work at the age of 13 in an old-fashioned Italian butcher shop.
“I believe that my business is very unique to Starkville since it displays the way that butcher shops used to be. Old-fashioned butcher shops are almost no longer in existence. It’s great to contribute to keeping butcher shops alive,” Linder said.
Linder, a Queens native, started his first seafood business with his brother on Long Island before moving to Mississippi.
Friends and family members gather for breakfast at the Meat Market, a weekly ritual. When the door opened with regular customers, Linder greeted everyone. This clearly supports what Linder believes.
“I just want to try to get to know everyone who walks through my door. With great service and great food, you are guaranteed to have a loyal group of customers,” Linder said.
A college student’s needs are catered by the reasonable prices at Brian Michael’s Meat Market.
“Everyone should enjoy a delicious home cooked meal. Especially for a college student who is far from home and is tight on funds,” Linder said. 
For this week there is a coupon for a $4.99 lunch special. Usually $5.99, the lunch special includes one meat, two vegetables, corn bread and sweet tea. For those looking for a great meal all year round, Brian Michael’s has a 3/4-pound hamburger for $3.
For the next football game against Alcorn State on Saturday, there are more options than just ground beef for tailgating. One can pick up a sandwich tray for their tailgating needs. Also, a popular special for tailgating is the 25-piece chicken tender platter, which can either be grilled or fried, for $19.99.
Brian Michael’s Meat Market is located at 831-A Highway 12 West, right next to Zaxby’s. It is open from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Monday through Saturday. Brian Michael’s is closed on Sundays.
“On Sunday we are closed because, I believe that Sunday is a day to go to church and spend the day with your family,” Linder said.
 Birthdays, weddings or whatever the occasion, Brian Michael’s Meat Market can cater the event. In the past few years, several fraternities and sororities have had the Meat Market cater several events.