Trump is ‘more than capable of being president’

If there was ever any doubt that President Trump could appear and sound presidential, it was quickly proven that he indeed could. The State of the Union address was by far the president’s best speech yet. I would argue that it should have been his Inaugural Address because he passionately gave his vision for America.

Trump talked passionately about his desire to bring the inner cities more success and safety during his administration. Last week, he signed an executive order giving $25 billion to help get inner cities back on their feet. Former President Barack Obama actually cut money from his budgets going to inner cities. Trump means what he says when he expresses his desire to help African American and Latino children that are at risk because of whatever unfortunate situation they find themselves in.

The president spoke from his heart and made it a point to explain in depth, his stance on immigration and why we need to enforce our immigration laws. Trump has no issue with legal immigration and I would argue that no Americans have an issue with it as long as it is legal. The issue is that the illegals coming into the United States from Central America and Mexico are illegals and are costing us taxpayers billions of dollars as well as good jobs that should go to citizens first. We finally have a president who will enforce our nation’s immigration laws.

“At the same time, my administration has answered the plea … for immigration enforcement and border security. By finally enforcing our immigration laws, we will raise wages, help the unemployed, save billions and billions of dollars, and make our communities safer for everyone,” Trump said.

Trump is a good man and yet the continuous attacks on him, his family and his administration are disgusting. He would not have taken the time out of his life to run for this office and assume command of this job if he did not want to help the average American overcome serious obstacles.

The president called on Congress to repeal and replace the trillion dollar Obamacare health law. Congress has been waiting on a president to say that for seven years. In the last year, deductibles and premiums have skyrocketed as a result of the disaster that is Obamacare. In Arizona, healthcare prices are up by a whopping 116 percent. We now know that it was a lie when we were told that we could keep our plans and doctors. Government control of healthcare was never the solution, but liberals cannot stand to not have control over the less fortunate and those that depend on government aid. The president said that the goal is to make healthcare affordable for everyone so that they can get the plan they want instead of the plan that is forced upon them.

Trump called out radical Islamic terrorism for what it is and announced one of the biggest increases in military funding in decades. The president said that an increase of $54 billion will be put towards the military this year for rebuilding the Air Force and naval fleets as well as increasing service numbers in all branches. Trump has shown his tough stance against terror which is something we need in a commander-in-chief. The time is now if we are to fight back at these savages. The president has openly acknowledged that it will not be a small feat and it may take American boots on the ground for it to happen successfully. 

“The time for small thinking is over. The time for trivial fights is behind us. We just need the courage to share the dreams that fill our hearts … and the confidence to turn those hopes and those dreams into action. From now on America will be empowered by our aspirations, not burdened by our fears. Inspired by the future, not bound by failures of the past, and guided by a vision, not blinded by our doubts. I am asking all citizens to embrace this renewal of the American spirit. I am asking all members of Congress to join me in dreaming big and bold… I’m asking everyone watching … to seize this moment, believe in yourselves, believe in your future, and believe once more in America.”

These words prove that Donald Trump is more than capable of being President of the United States. These words prove that he has the demeanor and the soul to hold the office of the most powerful person in the world.