Letter to the editor

I want to first tell this student body thank you. You have given me the opportunity to represent Mississippi State University on our campus, within the state and around the southeast.This has been a time when I have realized something that many of you know, and that is the honor and respect of the Maroon and White.
    We have a great student body, we have a great university president, and now is the time to realize that it is a great time to be a part of the Bulldog family.
    The past few months I have gotten to have extensive dialogues with other student leaders from within our state.
    Mississippi State is well respected around our state because of the type of students that make up this campus. I am honored to be part of a family that stands for integrity, character and respect.
    All of this is true about the students on our campus. This was displayed by the remarkable event again put on by the students of MSU-Bulldog Bash. The energy that was brought by The Drill-we have a terrific Famous Maroon Band and cheerleaders. The success of our shuttle bus route from campus to the city during the weekend-The Nightroute-was incredible.
    I could go on and on about how well the students on our campus have the ability to perform in and out of the classroom. However, I would choose to let our actions speak louder than our words.
    We were all excited to find who our next university president would be about a year ago. Let me tell you an observation I have discovered-“Doc” Foglesong wants to know what is on your mind. I have had the opportunity to hear and watch a magnificent leader on our campus. This is our 18th university president, and he is a Bulldog at heart.
    A new student union will be ready soon to have all of our needs taken care of in the heart of campus. We have a student presence in Jackson now and will continue that presence in the coming year.
    There is one purpose for students from MSU in Jackson, and that is to inform the Mississippi Legislature and the IHL Board the following: A good public education is very important to us. To provide a good education, we want to make sure that our university gets the proper funding.
    We have residence halls that are second to none on our campus. We are soon to have a new dining service that will provide the best possible facilities and services to our campus.
    I am biased, but we should never expect anything less delivered to our campus or of ourselves. We should be our very best, every time, all the time. Mississippi State University is on the move.
    Thank you for letting me be a part of representing the best university in Mississippi.