QB strikes back after class humiliation

Mississippi State quarterback Michael Henig left a class in frustration after an instructor ridiculed his performance in the MSU’s season opener against LSU in front of the entire class.Henig’s sociology instructor apparently did not know the quarterback was in his class when he made negative comments.
    Henig threw six interceptions in the season opening loss.
    According to an article in The Decatur Daily, Henig said he realized he would face some criticism, but was surprised when it came from a professor.
    “Some of the things that I got I didn’t expect. Some of the people I got stuff from, you don’t expect it from,” Henig said in the article.
    Head football coach Sylvester Croom told a reporter from The Decatur Daily that he fully supported the way Henig handled the situation.
    “He told me what he did, and I said, ‘As long as you handled it and gave the professor the respect that is due-just because of his position- then you did the right thing,” Croom said. “Based on what I understand he did, I support him totally.”
    Croom added, “He handled it with class and made his feeling known without being too disrespectful.
    Henig later confronted the professor, who said he did not know Henig was in his class.
    “He realized that he was wrong and he apologized,” Henig said in the article.
    Henig went on to throw for a touchdown and run for another during MSU’s 38-17 win at Tulane.
    Henig completed 20 of his 31 attempts for 223 yards to give MSU in its first road win of the season.
    MSU got its second Southeastern Conference road victory in six years Saturday when the Bulldogs knocked off Auburn, 19-14.
    The Bulldogs had not beaten the Tigers since 2000.
    Henig, who was raised just an hour from Auburn, broke a bone in his throwing hand during the first quarter of the game.
    Reserve quarterbacks Wesley Carroll and Josh Riddell split time as quarterback for the rest of the game.
    Henig and Croom were unable to be reached. Sociology department faculty refused to comment.