‘The feed’: New Facebook feature fails

The creators of Facebook have failed in their latest innovation, the “news feed.”
    Keep in mind that to even call this feature innovative is the equivalent of calling Ted Bundy an “artist.” At the very least, the feed gives out too much information.
    It tells you just about everything: whether someone became single, added “The Grapes of Wrath” as his new movie or what group he recently joined. Perhaps this would be acceptable if only close friends saw this information, but anyone who you’re friends with on the site may see it-we all know we add them without a thought.
    This development could possibly be hazardous. It’s not only a stalker’s bible, but it can also inform people when you’re not at your apartment-the perfect time for a burglary.
    Apparently, the Facebook creators have been considering a feature where a person could disable parts of the feed. Hopefully, they’ll listen to the many users who hate having every little detail of their online adventures waiting for everyone’s viewing pleasure.
    Lastly, the feature clogs up an already clogged up screen. Even the profile gets second seat to the “mini-feed.” People would rather look at people’s interests than this clunky box of mostly useless facts.
    As of right now, the only positive thing about the feed is that it lets you know when a new “anti-feed” group has emerged. The Reflector gladly supports the sentiments of these groups.
    The Reflector editorial board is made up of opinion editor Jed Pressgrove, news editor C.J. LeMaster, assistant news editor Keeley Tatum, entertainment editor Aaron Burdette, sports editor R.J. Morgan, online editor Sara McAdory, managing editor Ross Dellenger and editor in chief Tyler Stewart.