Reflector opinion section is garbage

In a recent fit of boredom, I picked up a copy of The Reflector. My mood was instantly brightened as I read the illogically-presented arguments and poorly-written rants by the opinion columnists. My friends and I made fun of these “highly-esteemed journalists” and then left to go do something interesting, such as use the restroom or whittle a stick.
    In all honesty, I find compelling and entertaining opinions expressed more frequently by Facebook groups than Reflector opinion columnists. If this campus newspaper was not a free publication, I would have probably stopped reading it after the fall semester of my freshman year.
    As entertaining as verbal urination may be, I have lost faith in the professional nature of the paper because of the ridiculous opinion articles. I will occasionally glance over the sports, entertainment and news sections, but I try to avoid reading the opinion columns as much as I can.
    However, in the way that people are attracted to train wrecks, I am attracted to the opinions partition. When I eventually succumb to the masochistic allure and read the latest installment by our court jesters, I am filled with regret and shame and must resort to flagellation to find peace with myself.
    Last year, the editors of The Reflector published a letter in which they declared that everyone on campus was very apathetic toward everything, especially The Reflector itself. In my opinion, I have not been given much reason to care. I have come to the university to receive an education, not to undo that education by reading the local dribble.
    If people wish to be treated like professionals, they need to start acting like professionals instead of publishing this juvenile garbage. I know I’m not the only individual who would appreciate it.