Mills dismissed, arrested for theft

Mississippi State freshman wide receiver Keith Mills was dismissed from the football team and is facing pending disciplinary action from the university after being arrested Monday night.
    According to a university press release, Mills is being charged with burglary and uttering forgery.
    The release went on to say that the theft involved a fellow student-athlete and that the athlete lived in the same university residence hall.
    “I have permanently dismissed Keith Mills from the football team,” MSU head coach Sylvester Croom said. “Although I understand that young people make mistakes, Keith’s actions were completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated in our program.”
    MSU President Robert “Doc” Foglesong backed Croom’s decision in a written statement, saying all students, athletes or not, should be held accountable for their actions.
    “We live in a small community, and we won’t tolerate infringing on the rights of another,” he said. “We don’t want to just talk that talk, but we want our students to know we will walk the walk as well. We take this seriously.”
    Mills, an Alexandria, La., native, has seen no game action this year.