Saulters seeks to voice opinion, make mark on SA

Stuart Saulters has been involved in the Student Association since he was a freshman on different committees, as a member of the student activities committee as a freshman, as assistant director of the committee during his sophomore year and currently as assistant director of the financial support committee.
    He wanted to be a part of the executive council for next year, and while he didn’t think he could handle the responsibilities of the president, he wanted to be able to voice his opinion and listen to the students, so he decided to run for attorney general.
    Saulters would like to see advising changed as attorney general. “In terms of advising, what I would like to see would be maybe more than just a couple of departments having their own undergraduate coordinator,” he said.
    Saulters said he hopes people see the mark he makes by collaborating with other executive officers. He said he’d make sure to be available to people who needed to reach him for SA-related issues.
    Saulters’ current obligations include Roadrunners and being involved in engineering courses. He said he’d definitely make the time for his duties as attorney general.
    Saulters worked on the Homecoming parade his freshman year as part of the student activities committee, and he also worked on the Miss MSU pageant. This year, he was one of three people who helped raise $20,000 for Bulldog Bash.
    Saulters said he is excited about being on the executive committee at a time when MSU will have a new president. “He could really come to us a lot cause we’ve been here, and he could really ask our opinions and so we could really make an impact,” he said.
    He’d bring to the six committees he’d serve on an ability to listen to students, see what their problems are and work with the other members of the committee, he said. “I’m not saying that I’m very pushy, but if I have an idea, if I feel pretty passionate about something, I’m willing to make some sacrifices and definitely push forward to get the best answer,” he said.
    Saulters said he tries to use good judgment every day. An example of his good judgment is choosing his fraternity. “It was kind of big in my family, and so it was kind of an important decision for me,” he said. “As a freshman, that was one of the big decisions I had to make, was which fraternity to join, and to make sure I looked at each of them and wasn’t biased,” he said.
    “It came down to two fraternities, and I definitely had to sit down and weigh the pros and cons and figure out which one I would be best suited for and which one that I would fit in and which one would benefit me most,” he said.
    Saulters would probably interpret the Constitution strictly, although it depends on the issue, he said. “Me, I’m kind of a follow-the-rules, definitely stick-to-the-rules kind of guy, so I would probably say-first off, I would probably read it and make sure it’s followed strictly,” he said.