Students meet potential employers at Career Day

More than 1,000 students met potential employers at Career Day in Humphrey Coliseum Tuesday.
    The event, which is sponsored by the Mississippi State University Career Center, gave upperclassmen an opportunity to begin the process of finding a job.
    Career Day hosted 133 employers and was “geared toward getting students in the mode for the job search. It gives the students an opportunity to talk to potential employers and have on-the-spot interviews,” said Luther Epting, director of the MSU Career Center.
    The participating organizations were looking for people to fill positions in co-op jobs, summer jobs, permanent positions and internships.
    The Batesville Casket Co., a business involved in the job fair, came looking to find people for accounting and engineering positions. Richard Covington, an employee for the company, said, “Mississippi State is a prime engineering ground, and that is what we are looking for.”
    Angie Doss, a senior at Mississippi State, was one student attending the event. “Taking the opportunity to go to Career Day brings many leads and rewards on the path to a successful career,” she said.
    There is no actual hiring at the event, but students may be offered an interview on a separate date.
    Career Day is offered once each semester as one of the five career fairs sponsored by the Career Center.