Article favors conspiracy

I think that if Hollywood ever comes out with a “Conspiracy Theory 2,” Zackory Kirk would certainly oust Mel Gibson as the leading role. He would be a shoo- in for the role if they would just read all of the articles he has written since being with The Reflector. “The Man” (MSU Police, George W. Bush, the Republican Party, christians, etc.) is always stalking around seeing whose rights he can stomp on. Somebody is always drooling at the possibility of denying somebody else their rights. They must all be sadistic and have some kind of sick fetish according to all the “rights” they are constantly trying to deny.
    I know that Kirk is an opinion editor, but even an opinion editor, if he considers himself a credible journalist, he must look at both sides of any case, and then base his opinion on fact rather than party platform.
    Let’s take the phone-threat article. I don’t guess Kirk ever thought about why some strange person would pick Qieta Worlds, Sherita Jones and Ingrid Roy to inform about the impending doom of Allen Hall. Why not call Allen Hall?
    Secondly, despite their intentions, which are shady and unprovable, at best, what did the girls think was going to happen when they called Allen Hall and said, “Something bad is going to happen?” With all the hysteria, the reaction was 100 percent predictable.
    Lastly, if the girls were physically bullied by the police, then that is wrong-I agree. However, if I may play devil’s advocate, the girls complain about their freedom of speech, and then Kirk says that the officers have no right to use profanity. Well, which is it? Freedom of speech or not? Or is freedom of speech only an issue when it is convenient? I don’t agree with profanity, but until the faculty are told not to use it in class, why should the police department be held to a different standard? And I assure you, in almost every class I have taken, the teacher has used profanity at least once.
    Everybody be careful the next time the space shuttle launches, there might be an earthquake (see the movie Conspiracy Theory).
    – Greg Bufkin
    Student